Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Smoooooooth Mooooove Kid

WARNING: This gratitude post is LONG! Like REALLY long.

Gratitude 5/25-
I am grateful for Guys Being Smooth!


4 days in a row with cute guys! But it's not Showoff today, it's Abram!


I went on a hike to Sacred Falls with Abram today!! MAN HE'S SO CUTE! Is it lame that he's in my phone as Abram Yarbro-CUTIE!? Haha probably. He's taller than me, nicely built, has short brown curlycurlycurlycurly hair, GORGEOUS blue eyes, a wonderful smile, and he's tickelish. I think that's really funny. Ahahahahahaa.

But anyway, we went on this hike and realized that we're super alike. We both had braces & wear our retainer every night, we both like theatre, hiking, swimming, singing, musicals, disney movies, the beach, reading, the gospel, and we're both 19! PERFECT! Gosh!! We hiked the falls & hung out there for a bit, rode the bus home then walked up to the Point, then for dinner we went to Surfing Tacos and then watched Tangled (: And he put his arm around me during the movie.. No big deal (: Then it started to rain so I offered to walk him halfway home, and of course Hawaii is bipolar, so as soon as I got my umbrella & started walking him home, it stopped raining >.<

You know how when you walk next to someone, your hands bump? I mean it happens with everyoneeeee! Anthea and I bump hands ALL the time, it's cause we walk close!

But anyway, so I was only going to walk him halfway home, but at the halfway point, we were in deep discussion on something, so I kept walking. And our hands were bumping like crazyyyyyy! After like the 9th time, I said in my head, "Shooooooooot he's either going to grab my hand ANY minute now, or I'm putting my hands in my pockets!" Sure enough, he grabs my wrist and goes "You wear a lot of bracelets" & starts examining them. MHM RIGHT! I was wearing 2 hair ties, my temple bracelet, & my avitar bracelet. That's not a lot AT ALL. So he keeps examining my wrist & I explain to him all of my 4 bracelets (other wrist has my watch & mexico bracelet) and I go to put my wrist down and he slides his fingers along my hand and intertwines his hand with mine. Smoooooooth!

Mind you,


  • I just met this kid on Friday of last week

  • I've only hung out with him, pretty much all day today

  • He's on vacation

  • I only have 2 weeks left in Hawaii

  • I told myself No Boys this semester

  • I'm still madly in love with David

The first thing that went through my mind was "Dang it, I don't think I'm ready for this... The last person's hand I held was David's and that was in January.... Should I let go? But he's so sweet. It's just hand holding, it's no big deal..." So I held on.


So then I was only going to walk him to the street where his house is. Well we get to the street and right when I open my mouth to say "Today was fun, let's hang out again!" he goes "I want to show you my house!" So instead I said "Oh okay, sure." So we walked across the street, and I saw his house, and right when I opened my mouth to say "Thanks for today! I should really go, Anthea's waiting for me" he goes "I want to show you something really cool!" So instead I say "Oh okay, sure." So we take a couple of steps and we're onnnn the beach. HIS BACK YARD WAS THE BEACH!


So for all of you to know, there's an unspoken rule over here at BYUH.
It's called the 5 finger Rule:



  1. It's night time

  2. You're alone with a boy

  3. Y'all are holding hands

  4. Ya'll are on the beach

  5. Y'all are going to kiss

Those are the rules, and that's how it happens, EVERY TIME! It's a proven fact.
So we're on the beach and the rules goes through my head and I say to myself, "Man, I'm so STUPID! I can't believe I just let him do this! He's so smooooooooth! Goodness! But no, I said NO BOYS this semester! Maybe he won't kiss me"
Boy am I stupid and wrong.
I said I should probably go because Anthea was waiting for me so we hugged, released, looked at each other, went in for another hug, released, and sure enough, I was about to let go to walk away, he looks at me with those Kissing Eyes, and then he leaned down and kissed me.

The first thing that ran through my head was, "There goes No Boys this semester."


But I've got to give him some props. He's definitely smooth. And obviously David is over me and has moved on with his life, so shouldn't I? Hopefully it'll help me get over him.
Here's to hoping.

So I am grateful for guys being smooth.


No comments:

Post a Comment